Monday, February 25, 2008

Three weeks to go.

I looked at apartments yesterday.

At school, it's becoming increasingly difficult to motivate myself to plan lessons properly. My mind is elsewhere and im becoming crabby at the kids.

I have no energy, 6 day working weeks with the same 17 kids have worn me out. I should be making more effort rather than excuses for my increasingly sorry attempts at teaching, but i dont have the energy to do so.

My students are becoming increasingly painful. Polite requests to sit down and do ones work are met with an insolent "why?" There are only so many ways you can reason with a 10 year old before you realise that not all 10 year olds are reasonable people.

Only three more weeks to go!

2 Comments:

Blogger rhymes with pony said...

My understanding and empathy for my least favourite teachers grows every year. They were just broken people; broken by people.I represented everything that had derailed their life and evaporated their spirit.
are you coming back in 3 weeks?

9:33 PM  
Blogger Gram said...

yes you bastard. having said that, it isnt like that every day....i was having a shit day on monday.

im finishing my current job in three weeks so its all over for the half assed immersion course bullshit. i never want to teach maths again!

new job is teaching junior high school and high school english but more importantly five days a week, different classes and living in tokyo where i can have a life outside work again.

im just getting a little impatient for the arrival of happiness.

1:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home